We had a busy Thanksgiving weekend! We went to my mom's house and spent the day on Thursday with them. The food was so delicious and we had so much fun hanging out with everyone! We took a walk outside by the barn and found Dylan's cat, Kit-Kat. Then Dylan told us that he had caught a few mice and put them in a little metal garbage can just outside of the barn. So.. we decided to have some fun. We opened the lid of the trash can and put Kit-Kat inside. She went nuts! As soon as she grabbed one she hopped out of the can and started batting it around on the ground. It was funny to watch, but also slightly saddening because of the mouse's poor fate. We watched her play around with it for about twenty minutes before we got too cold and went back inside.
On Friday, I went with Ben's family (Ben had to work) to Cedar Mountain where we cut down our Christmas trees and played in the snow. When I was little we used to go cut down a Christmas tree, but we hadn't done it in a long time. So I was really excited to go get our first Christmas tree as a married couple and have it be a real one! I was sad that Ben wasn't able to be there, but I was glad that I got to be the one to cut the tree down! It was a cute little tree, it was shorter than I am (5'4") and it had quite a bit of character! It stemmed from one trunk, but split into three separate ones. And one of them decided to bend over near the top and start growing parallel to the ground!
On Saturday, Ben's really good friend Jay Nygaard got married to Tabitha Maxwell in the St. George Temple. Ben was the best man, so we had the opportunity to be in the temple when they got sealed, and we went to the luncheon and reception as well.
Sadly, this is the only picture I got of us the whole weekend! I've really be slacking off in the photography department, something that needs to be fixed.
![]() |
| Waiting outside the temple for the newlyweds! [: |
Overall, it was a great Thanksgiving weekend! It was our first one together, and I can't wait for many more to come!

I LOVE that picture of you and Ben! So precious! You're such a darling couple! :-)
ReplyDelete