Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Evelyn: Eight Months

Is it really time for another monthly update? I can hardly believe how fast time is flying. I know I say that every time I do one of these updates, but it is the truth!

Evelyn is growing up so fast!

She can say lots of "words" now. These include, but are not limited to "mama," "dada," "baba," "wawa," "yaya," "gaga," and she can also make the /f/ and /v/ sounds, and sometimes I think she says the /th/ sound too!

She loves going outside. Every time we do, she just holds her mouth open wide and stares. I think she likes the way the fresh air feels in her mouth. She gets excited every time we go for the door, and she tries to escape when either Ben or I are leaving for school.

She growls a lot. 

She is wearing a few different sizes of clothes. They range from 6 months, to 6-9 months, to 12 months. 

She is still in size 3 diapers.

She eats a ton, and sure loves her fruit! 

She can WALK!!!! She doesn't go very far yet, but she will pull herself up to an object like the couch, and then walk over to another object like the entertainment center. 

The other day I swear she stood up by herself. But she hasn't done it since.

She does pretty well at playing by herself, but some days she just wants to be held all the time. 

She LOVES books. Quite a bit of the time she would rather play with her books than with her toys.

Every time she falls down on her bum, she grunts/growls. It's pretty dang cute.

Recently she has started trying to climb. Yikes!

I found a sippy cup that she will acutally drink from! Yay!

She has two teeth! Her two front bottom ones. They came in relatively easy. With the first one, I had NO idea she was even teething!

We got her a toothbrush and some baby toothpaste, and she loves them!

She still really enjoys bath time. I made some colored ice cubes to put in the tub with her now and then, and she loves chasing them around in the water!

She is generally curious and inquisitive. And REALLY smart. Sometimes it's scary. Haha. 

She really is a happy girl most of the time. :)

Evelyn brings such happiness to our lives! We are so blessed to have her sweet spirit in our home!








No comments:

Post a Comment