Monday, November 4, 2013

Evelyn: Three Months

I can't believe it's been three months already. It seems like just yesterday we were meeting our precious princess for the first time!

Evelyn talks a lot more now. She coos, laughs, and squeals pretty much all day.

She loves her Lovey toy. It's basically a tiny blanket with a stuffed giraffe head on one corner. She will snuggle with it all day, and I don't blame her. It's really soft and cuddly!

She loves her binky. Sometimes she will pull it out of her mouth and then get mad because it's no longer in her mouth. It's pretty funny.

She can roll over now! She doesn't do it too often, and she hasn't quite figured out how to get her arm out from underneath her yet. 

Just after conference weekend, I had two people point out to me that she only holds her head to one side. I started paying closer attention and saw that they were right. A friend told me that her daughter did the same thing and she had to do some physical therapy. I made an appointment for Evelyn and the doctor said that what she has is called torticollis (I think). And it basically means that her sternocleidomastoid muscle in her neck is super tense. So he gave me some stretches to do with her. And she absolutely hates them. She will scream bloody murder every time I do them with her (three times a day). He also told us to try to lay her down so that the more interesting things to look at are to her left. We've been doing all of those things since Oct. 21, and I have yet to see any improvement. I guess it may take more time though.

Also at that appointment, her doctor talked to me some more about the marks on her head and back, called hemangiomas. He said that up until very recently, the treatment for them was to basically do nothing, and that they should go away on their own. But the week before, he had been to a conference where they talked about a treatment available now that helps them go away and reduces the amount of scarring, if any. He referred us to the dermatologist at Primary Children's Hospital, and we have an appointment on November 25. 

Because we went to the doctor, we also go to see how much she weighed! On Oct. 21, she was 12 lbs, 7 oz, and 23.5 in long. Which means that she gained a pound and grew a quarter of an inch in two weeks! Crazy!

She is still wearing size one diapers, and wears 0-3 and some 3-6 month clothes.




1 comment: