How in the world did I let over a year and a half go by without posting!? I guess I can blame it on school, work, and chasing a toddler. There is a LOT that has happened, but 18 months is a long time, so I guess it's a good thing that a lot has happened or else life would have been pretty boring.
First thing's first: we are now a family of 4, plus a dog!
Axel is a German Shepherd/Black Lab mix, and we love him! He is a total goofball and a huge sweetheart. After my miscarriage, I discovered that I have problems with anxiety. We got Axel to see if he would help me out in that area, and he is a great comfort to me when I'm having rough days. He can tell when I'm down or feeling anxious and he will come snuggle me until I feel better.
Rex Kenneth Stratford was born on October 25th, 2015. He was three weeks early! I was doing my student teaching at the time and so I had to stop and then finish my last five weeks after Christmas. On Saturday, October 24th, I woke up early in the morning and threw up. And kept throwing up. I couldn't manage to keep anything down the whole day - not even water. I was contracting all day as well. I called the after hours number for my doctor's office a few times and at one point the on-call Dr. said it was time to go on up to labor and delivery at the hosptial. I thought they would just pump me full of fluid with an IV and the contractions would stop so I could go home. But that didn't happen! My contractions stayed strong and consistent so they kept us! Rex was born at 3:26 am on Sunday, weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 19.5 inches long.
He is almost five months old now, I can hardly believe it! I'll do a quick recap of how life has been with him since he joined our family, but then I'll do a monthly update like I did with Evelyn. Bringing him home made me a nervous wreck, because Axel was still a puppy and just got too excited around him for my liking. Evelyn has done really well with him since the beginning; we've only had two instances of her trying to pick him up all by herself and she hasn't been all that jealous of having to share Mom and Dad. Rex is such a sweetheart and we are so blessed to have his special spirit in our family!
Another big thing that has happened, or, I guess will be happening is that I'm graduating this semester! I am finally done with school! It's kind of hard to wrap my head around the fact that I don't ever have to go back to school if I don't want to. I'm hoping to get a teaching position for next year. I've interviewed with both districts in the valley and hopefully something will come of it! If not, I get to stay home with my sweet kiddos full time. I have done all that I can to get a job, and we are leaving the rest up to the Lord.
Ben has been working at the lab he was volunteering at on campus since October of 2014 and is now a project lead for one of their aircrafts. He loves what he does and works so hard at his job and with school. He will be graduating next spring and is getting really excited about it! He likes to look at job postings on LinkedIn and ask me "What if we lived in ___________?" We both think it would be a good experience to live in a state other than a Utah for a while, but we also wouldn't mind staying in Cache Valley. We love living in Logan and have become very much at home here. We've made some really great friends and it will be hard to leave them behind!
I think that's all the big stuff that has happened in the past 18 months or so. I promise I will be better at keeping up with what's going on in our lives from now on!

No comments:
Post a Comment