So, here I am again, playing catch-up. Is anyone surprised? This post is for the past two months, and I'm going to go backwards in time as I write about what we've been up to, mostly because that's how the pictures uploaded and I'm too lazy to switch them around. Ha.
March and April have been busy! We've been {finally} getting a good routine down during the week. It's been a bit of a struggle for me to get back into the swing of being a stay at home mom. But we're doing pretty well now, I think. We have a fairly regular routine throughout the day, and it's helped the kids a lot to have activities and a schedule they can (mostly) predict.
That being said..
Evelyn still does get into mischief. Quite a bit of it. This particular time, she got the diaper rash cream and decided to color with it on my laptop. :( You've gotta love her face in the picture though, she definitely knows this was a big no-no and immediately felt bad for doing it. She even came and told me herself what she had done.
On April 29th, I was awarded the title of Elementary Education Outstanding Student Teacher of the Year! I totally feel I don't deserve it though. During my student teaching I feel I was pretty much doing the bare minimum requirements, because all I wanted to do was get my "homework," aka lesson planning, done and spend time with my family. But hopefully being able to put this sweet title on my resume will help land me a job!
Being silly and trying everything in our power to entertain Evelyn during the award ceremony.
I made a big purchase in April.. I bought a double jogging stroller! I absolutely love it, and so do the kids (don't mind Evelyn's disapproving look in the picture, she just wanted out so she could run amok in the Taggart Student Center on campus). A big goal of mine is to get more active, and get back into running. I bought a cheap, used treadmill a while back and would run after the kids got in bed, but then there were nights that Rex wouldn't sleep and by the time I finally got him settled it was way to late for a run. Since getting the stroller I've been able to get out more consistently and the kids love going "fast" (haha, I'm NOT fast). I'm going to hang on to the treadmill to use in the winter months when it's too cold to run outside, but for now we are soaking up the sun! :)
Aren't they so cute!? Evelyn is so sweet to Rex (most of the time) and loves to play with him. She loves to help me take care of him too! She always asks to help feed him dinner and has recently acquired an interest in helping to change his diaper!
Evelyn also has some pretty sweet photography skills.. she captured this one all on her own!
Little man thinks he needs to crawl already. I'm not ready for it. He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth but doesn't really go anywhere yet. BUT.. he also gets up on his toes and sticks his bum in the air like he's doing downward facing dog (a yoga pose), and then does mountain climbers! It's so funny! But then he falls on his face most of the time and then I feel bad. He'll get it figured out eventually though.
Rex and our little neighbor Dustin are best buddies! Dustin's mom, Michele, watched the kids for me while I was finishing student teaching and Dustin just loves having Rex around! We play with Michele and her four kids outside almost every day in the afternoon. Evelyn loves to play with her older kids and they both LOVE Michele tons!






































No comments:
Post a Comment