Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Adams Family Reunion

The weekend of August 5th, we went to the Adams Family reunion. (My mom's side of the family)
Friday night we went to the Lion's Park in Parowan and had dinner and played games and caught up with everyone.
The next morning, we all travelled up Cedar Mountain to the Adams Family cabin. I absolutely love going up there.. I have so many memories of playing in the tall grass and drinking the ice cold spring water from a copper ladle, eating on Picnic Rock and having watermelon seed spitting contests.
I love being in the mountains!
We found a huge patch of these daisies and trudged through muck and mud to get to them. They were so pretty!

This is the prairie in front of our cabin. It's so big and beautiful! The grass gets really tall in one spot, and it's perfect for hiding in. [:

When we were on our way back from the daisy patch, I slipped and bit the dust. I know it doesn't look super bad here, but it stang so much! And when it did scab over it looked pretty grotesque.


Uncle Bob did a presentation on how to make sourdough biscuits! Before we left to come home, we took some of my mom's sour dough start. It's got a pretty neat history, it came across the plains with our pioneer ancestors!

We like to be cute and share our food. [:

Sloppy joes, watermelon, and corn on the cob. This was only the first round.. Ben went back about three times after that to sample all the salads and desserts. And we probably ate a pan of sourdough biscuits between the two of us!

This.. is what happens when you don't wear sunscreen! Because the elevation is so high at the cabin, you sunburn a lot easier. Poor Josh!
Anyway, the weekend was so much fun! I'm really glad we were able to go and spend time with my family, at the cabin, and with amazing food!

Speaking of hiding in the tall grass..


Oh yeah, and then there's this.
Oh my goodness I love my husband! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment