On August 9, we moved out of our hotel room, and into a little two bedroom apartment! It got remodeled right before we moved in, so now it's practically brand new!
As newlyweds, we don't have much furniture, but we're well on our way to fixing that problem
On August 15th we went on a little shopping spree at DI. We were looking for a couch, a desk, a small entertainment center, and a queen sized bed frame. We managed to find everything on our list except for the bed frame. Yay!
Not too shabby for a DI couch, right? That's what I thought too. Sure, it's been used, it has a tear or two ( that are almost completely out of sight), and it's comfy. I was happy with it, until we moved it into our apartment. After we (very awkwardly) carried it down the stairs and into our front room, I found that I was covered in green dust. It was like a green fungus had taken over my left shoulder.
So, I went to work. I vacuumed of the whole thing, making sure I went over every inch of that couch at least twice. But it still wasn't good enough. So I pulled out one of our extra lint rollers. And I used the ENTIRE thing. All 50 sheets. And they we all entirely covered in green dust.
But now the couch is pretty much dust free, and it smells like Hawaiian Breeze Febreeze. Refreshing. [: And it's still as comfy as ever!
As for the desk and the table that was going to be our entertainment center; they are in the process of being refinished. Soon I'll post before and after pictures of them! [:
As for the desk and the table that was going to be our entertainment center; they are in the process of being refinished. Soon I'll post before and after pictures of them! [:
No comments:
Post a Comment