Saturday, October 8, 2011

Crash & Burn


This past Tuesday, I was riding my bike to work when I got hit by a car. I had stopped at the corner and when the light turned green I started across the street. But there was a lady trying to turn right and she didn't see me. My left ankle got caught in between my bike and her bumper, and I fell over. 

Next thing I knew, I was being scooped up off the road and talking to dispatch. Almost instantly a police officer showed up, then the fire department, followed by the ambulance. Ben was at work when all of this happened, but I called and left him a voicemail and sent him a text telling him what had happened. The EMT's put me on the board and loaded me into the truck. When we got to the hospital Lyndee was standing there waiting for me, and Russ magically appeared behind me. They rolled me into a room and said the doctor would be there in just a minute. Ben got there, and I was really glad to have him next to me, holding my hand. The doctor came in and ordered an X-ray, which told us my ankle wasn't broken, just beat up pretty good. I got an ankle brace, a pair of crutches, and a prescription for loratab and was sent home.


1 comment:

  1. Holy cow Jess, the craziest stuff happens to you I swear. Glad you're ok!

    ReplyDelete