Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ben's Birthday

On October 14, 2011 Ben turned 26! And he was a busy boy all day! He worked in the temple from 6am - 12pm (like he does every Friday), then met up with some buddies to play in their brass quintet. After they were done rehearsing he brought them over to our place and watched a couple of episodes of Pushing Daisies. Then he worked that night. I didn't get to see very much of him that day, but on Sunday we had cake and ice cream for him over at his parents house. I made his birthday cake, and it was a lot of fun to make! I took two white cake mixes, divided them into six different bowls, and used gel food coloring to create six different colors. Then I baked them and let them cool before stacking them and frosting the whole thing! I need to say thanks to Lyndee, because she was a big help in mixing up the colors and making the frosting!

I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful husband as Ben is. I'm really the luckiest girl in the whole world! He works really hard to provide for our little family, and is such a great example and inspiration to me. I love you Ben!

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing little wife! You're good at the "wife stuff", You should teach me ;)

    ReplyDelete