There was one weekend this past month when about a million accidents happened in town. And big ones, too. There was a car that rolled off the road over by the mall, a guy that got his foot cut off in a motorcycle accident, a semi truck hauling bees rolled on the freeway, and then there was this..
I know what you're thinking.. how did you get that close? Were you ambulance chasing? No, we sure weren't. This is right behind our apartment! I was so freaked out driving home from Ben's parents house that night when I saw the lights, because we hadn't heard about this wreck yet and I thought it was the semi that had been hauling the bees. I was terrified that our apartment complex was going to be surrounded by millions of bees! But no, this wasn't the bee accident. It was another accident involving a semi, and it happened because of the traffic backup that was a result of the bee incident. Although we weren't ambulance chasing, there were plenty of people who were. As we were standing outside taking pictures and just looking at all the fire trucks and ambulances, multiple cars drove up, asking us what had happened. At one point, the life-flight helicopter showed up and was trying to find a place to land. I was just watching and Ben was taking a video of it on his phone when we heard a voice yell, "EVERYONE INSIDE!" I looked over to the freeway and there was somebody in a light reflector vest yelling at us to get inside. So, we did as we were told. Only later did we find out that the person who yelled at us was none other than Russ Leavitt.. our brother-in-law. Needless to say, we felt pretty silly when we found that out. [:

No comments:
Post a Comment