I can't believe how fast time flies by. It seems like we were just bringing Evelyn home from the hospital yesterday!
She has grown and changed so much in the last month, it's crazy. It makes me excited to see how she'll grow this next month, but makes me sad that time is slipping away so quickly.
By my not-so-accurate measurements (which include a home bathroom scale - not the digital kind - and a tape measure) Evelyn now weighs at least 11 pounds and is about 22 inches long. That's almost four pounds heavier and two inches longer than when she was born just four weeks ago!
I am honestly surprised that she still fits in her newborn clothes.
I can't say the same about diapers, we have had to switch to size one already!
This girl is super strong. She has a vice-like grip, holds her head up for about thirty seconds while she is on her tummy, and what seems like five minutes when we hold her upright on our shoulders.
She also has very strong legs (like her dad). She kicks and kicks when she is on her tummy, and scoots herself either forward or in a circle.
Evelyn love, love, loves going for walks in the stroller. She used to fall asleep immediately after we would start walking, but now she stays awake until we are almost home.
She also loves to be outside. Anytime I take her out with me, even if it is just to check the mail, she automatically lifts up her head and starts looking around. She will be content on a blanket on the grass for a long time!
She also really likes having a bath! She can be fussy and crying before hand but as soon as I put her in the water she calms right down and starts making her little happy noises. She also tries to drink the water when I pour it on her up by her chin. I think we may have a little fish on our hands! :)
She sleeps so well at night, and only wakes up once or twice when she's hungry. Then when she's done eating she falls right back to sleep. She isn't too fond of taking naps during the day though, she will fight off sleep as long as she can.. even though I can tell she is way tired just from looking at her eyes.
She gets pretty fussy in the evenings, but I'm learning that she'll calm down for a few minutes if I switch the position I'm holding her in or give her her pacifier.
She makes the most adorable sounds when she is happy (and also when she is upset sometimes). I wish I could describe what they sound like, but I guess the best I can do is say that she sighs and coos.
It seems like everyone we meet (or meets Evelyn, I guess.. mostly members of our ward) ask about the mark on her forehead. Usually they ask, "What happened to her?" with a slight tone of "What the heck did you do to your child!?" I'm really surprised at how many people have never seen a stork bite on a baby before, haha. It does get a little old having to explain what a stork bite is though.. but oh well. :)
It's been a stressful, wonderful, overwhelming, and crazy month.. but I'm so looking forward to the many months to come!
Happy One Month Birthday, Miss Evelyn!! We love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment