Thursday, November 1, 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude

It's November. With this month comes lots of food, lots of family, and the beginning of the holiday season. This November, I want to really stop to think about the things I am grateful for. So starting today, I am going to post once a day about something I am grateful for in order to get in the gratitude mindset. There are a few other posts I will be putting up in order to catch up on things in our life right now, but those will come when I have a little more time to sit down and type it all out. :)

So, here goes.

Today I am grateful for food. This morning I woke up late and didn't have time to eat breakfast or to pack a lunch for school. I grabbed a mostly eaten bag of baby carrots out of the fridge and ate them on the way to school, and that is the only food I've had all day. It makes me realize how lucky I am to have food in my fridge every day that I can go eat whenever I would like. I am truly blessed to have a life where Ben and I make enough money to meet our basic needs. I have not enjoyed the grumbling and growling that my stomach has been doing all day, and it makes me sad that some people on this earth have to deal with this feeling practically all day, every day. I love food and the satisfied feeling I have after filling up my tummy with delicious, healthy (and sometimes junk) food.

No comments:

Post a Comment