Monday, November 12, 2012

Catching Up

I've been slacking the past few days on writing down things I'm thankful for. This will be an attempt to catch up a little.
I'm thankful for my family members, both blood related and adopted. Each member of my family is a special blessing in my life. I'm grateful to know that I have a whole slew of people in my corner when things aren't going my way. People who support me, uplift me, and inspire me. I'm thankful for all the things they do for me and for each other. They are wonderful examples to me.
I'm thankful for my health. I feel so blessed that I haven't been sick at all in a long time. Because of my health I have been able to not miss any school. That has been a huge blessing in itself. The homework load is so heavy, that I don't know how I would be able to catch up if I had gotten sick. I'm grateful that I have been able to stay healthy despite most of the other students in my cohort being sick and spending seven hours in a classroom with them twice a week. I am so glad that I am healthy.
I'm grateful for opportunities to serve those around me. Ben woke up sick this morning, and I saw it as an opportunity to serve him. I got him some medicine and cooked him breakfast. I told him to go sit in a warn bath so that the steam could help break up all the mucous he's got goin' on. I love him so much, and it's not very often that I get to serve him this way because he never gets sick. I'm glad that I am here for him when he needs me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment