Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fishing.. The First of (Hopefully) Many Trips

The other weekend, Ben and I drove up to Hyrum Reservoir to do a little fishing! We left bright and early, and spent the whole morning at the reservoir before eating our lunch and heading home.

Ben has a 365 day license, but I didn't have one. So we just picked up a one-day license for me for now.

We weren't getting any bites at the spot we were at, but there was a couple just a few yards from us who were reeling them in one after another! Eventually they left, and we stole their spot! Not long after we got settled and got our rods in the water, I got a bite! I caught a 12" rainbow trout. And I was so excited!! We stayed for a while longer to see if Ben could get something, but no such luck. On our way home, Ben made a comment about paying eight dollars for one fish. But I said, "At least we paid eight bucks for one fish instead of eight bucks for no fish!" He agreed with me after that, haha. :) We are going to go fishing again this Saturday, June 8th, because it's free fishing day! You don't have to have a license to fish. I'm really excited! I hope I catch another fish, but I hope Ben catches one more. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment