Thursday, June 6, 2013

Our New Home

So I've been waiting to do a tour of our apartment because I wanted everything to be put away, and for everything to be nice and clean and organized. But then I realized that this would probably never happen all at the same time and that if I waited too much longer I would never get this post done. So here is our mostly put together, kinda clean, cute little Logan apartment. :)

Our building. Can you guess which apartment is ours?

The yard!
It doesn't look like a whole lot in the picture, but the yard to the side of the building is huge! I love taking a blanket and a book outside, sitting in the shade of the tree, and reading. :)

Our little garden
 So there are planter boxes in front of the building, which are probably meant more for flowers, but we are using ours to grow veggies! We have about six different kinds of lettuce sprouting, some peas, onions, and tomatoes. And we also have two flower plants. :)

Our Front Door!
 I love that we have a screen door! It means we can have the door open almost all day long to let in the breeze and listen to the birds. Our apartment doesn't have cooling of any kind, but being in the basement means that our apartment stays cool almost all day.. even with the door and the windows open.
We are number 4 :)



The view from the front door.
 We've got our shoe rack, a bunch of empty boxes, a bookshelf, and an awesome storage closet in the "entryway."
In the dungeon...
 This is what the inside of the storage closet looks like.. for now. It needs some serious organizing. But it holds a ton of stuff! Which we are really grateful for, because it means that the second bedroom is solely dedicated to baby girl.
Living Room Area

Decorations, yay!
 I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of this photo arrangement. I feel like it's something you'd see on Pinterest and be inspired by it. ;)

Office Area
Okay, so our front room is HUGE. The "living room area" and "office area" are in the same room. It's that big. And that's a blessing, for a couple of reasons. First, again it lets the second bedroom be baby girl's room instead of an office, and we have enough room for the futon ( where company will sleep when they stay, aka when my mom comes to visit and help out after the baby is born). And third, this arrangement helps Ben focus better when he's doing his homework, because he works best in open spaces. 
The view of the front room from the kitchen

The view of the kitchen from the front room!
So please ignore the dirty counters and dishes and you gaze upon this picture. We had friends from the ward over for dinner last night and I haven't gotten around to cleaning up yet. :) I love our kitchen, mostly because it's three thousand times bigger than our previous one. We actually have usable cupboards and countertop space! 
The table

The fridge. Oh, and what does this door lead to..?

THE LAUNDRY ROOM!!!
 Yep, that's right everyone, we have a laundry room! Where we can do our own laundry, at home! This was a huge bonus for me when we were apartment hunting. Because goodness knows I wasn't about to drag a buttload of baby clothes to a laundromat three times a week.
More laundry room

View from the sink.

Our hallway!
Don't ask me why, but I was also pretty excited to have an actual hallway. :)

Bathroom, with counter space!
 Okay, so the first door on the left is our bathroom. It has about ten times the counter space that our last bathroom did, and we actually have drawers! 

Bathroom wall

View from the tub


Baby girl's room
The second door on the left is the nursery. It's nowhere near being done and put together, but I have it generally set up the way I'd like it.

The big baby gear.

Closet and cabinet.

The one room we won't be seeing during this tour is the master bedroom. That's because it's a total disaster. I know, it's hard to believe that it's anything worse than the kitchen, but I promise it is. This is mainly because Ben doesn't have a dresser so his clothes are overflowing from his suitcases. And there are boxes still waiting to be unpacked and it's just a mess. 

But other than that, this is our lovely new home! We are loving Logan so much already (although my opinion of things may change slightly when the cold weather comes), and are so happy with our new home, ward, neighbors, and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment